It’s that time of year again! Returning for its 14th year around Australia in late April and early May is Groovin’ The Moo, a single-day music festival that is not to be missed. In Victoria, GTM will be held in Bendigo. But what can you expect from the festival this year? In today’s blog, we’re giving you the lowdown on everything you need to know about GTM 2019, from the line up to organising coach hire from Melbourne.
#1: The line up is looking good
Some top names in the international music industry to look forward to include:
- Billie Eilish
- A$AP Twelvyy
There are also some great Aussie acts on this year’s line up, including:
- Hilltop Hoods
- Haiku Hands
And those are just the highlights! Check out the full line up here.
#2: There are food and drinks for everyone
There will be a range of food for everyone’s tastes. There will be a great selection of crowd favourites, international food, and vegan and vegetarian food. Alcohol, juice and even milk will also be available for purchase and consumption at the festival. Please note that BYO alcohol is strictly prohibited.
If you have any specific dietary requirements, GTM advises that you bring your own food for the day. You are welcome to bring anything that fits into a backpack (but keep in mind that eskies, picnic baskets and non-plastic cutlery are all prohibited).
#3: Make sure to check out the stalls
Music isn’t the only attraction you can look forward to this year at Groovin’ The Moo. There will be a number of stalls located across the grounds that showcase and promote local community talent, charities and businesses, from vintage stalls to sausage sizzles.
Some stalls to look forward to include:
- Powder Pen: They’ll give your hair and make up a magical touch-up for a small donation.
- Creation Station: Run by Kitiya Palaskas, the creation station is a fun pitstop for all things DIY.
- LGBTQI+ safe space and pool party: Complete with lifeguards and guest drag queens, why not join the awesome onsite pool party between your favourite artists’ sets?
#4: Preparing for rain or shine is a must
Victoria is notorious for throwing curveballs when it comes to weather. The good news? Groovin’ The Moo will be going ahead no matter what the weather looks like. However, for your personal comfort at the festival, it pays to be prepared for bad weather.
GTM has advised that umbrellas will not be permitted on the festival grounds, but there are plenty of other ways to be prepared, including:
- Packing a poncho or rain coat
- Carrying a small, waterproof backpack or bag
- Wearing shoes that will protect your feet from water and mud.
#5: Sort out transport in advance
In Victoria, Groovin’ The Moo will be held at the Prince of Wales Showground in Bendigo. There are a few different ways you can get to and from GTM, including:
- Public transport: You will be able to catch a special V-Line service from Melbourne to the Bendigo railway station. Remember to purchase the correct myki if you plan to take the V-Line! From Bendigo station, a GTM shuttle will be able to get you to the showground for a small fee. There are also public bus services providing transport to and from other parts of Bendigo.
- Taxis: Private taxis are also an option for those wanting to be dropped directly at the festival venue. However, taxis will not be picking up patrons from the showground due to traffic congestion. Instead, taxis will only pickup from Bendigo railway station.
- Driving: There will be limited parking space available close to the festival venue. You’ll be able to park here for a small fee, however, it is estimated that the carpark is going to be extremely busy, so if you do plan to park, aim to get there at 8am when parking gates open. There is also an official car pick up and drop off zone at the Bendigo railway station.
For maximum comfort and convenience, we highly recommend you organise a coach hire service between Melbourne and the showground.
Coach hire from Melbourne and Geelong to GTM
Coach hire is ultimately the way to go if you want to avoid packed trains and busy parking lots. Not only is there a special charter bus area that is easy to locate, but organising a shuttle means you don’t have to worry about getting lost, being stuck in congestion or navigating through the crowd.
Melbourne On The Move is proud to be providing event transport for Groovin’ The Moo in Bendigo. We depart from the Melbourne CBD and also from the Geelong railway station at scheduled times on Saturday 4th of May. Our coach hire from Melbourne and Geelong will pick you up and drop you off directly at the showground, so there is no need to worry about going to a different location.
Our event transport shuttle for Groovin’ The Moo is filling up quickly. To organise your coach hire from Melbourne or Geelong to GTM, get in quick and give us a call on 1300 55 86 86 to secure your spot today.